It should be clear to you as a landlord how important marketing is to attracting ideal tenants. If you still haven’t used virtual tours, you’re passing up a fantastic chance! Providing virtual tours of your rental homes to prospective tenants is a great method to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. We’ll go over the advantages of using virtual tours for your rental property marketing and the reasons why every owner of a rental property should in the paragraphs that follow.
Virtual Tour Basics
A computer-generated simulation of a rental property that allows prospective tenants to virtually explore the premises is called a virtual tour. As opposed to photographs, which present a restricted viewpoint of the property, virtual excursions offer an elaborate and all-encompassing analysis of every room. In addition, prospective tenants are able to visualize the physical layout of their furnishings and assess the proportions of various rooms and areas within the residence through the use of virtual tours.
Numerous tenants prefer virtual tours of rental houses, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of prospective tenants indicated a readiness to lease an apartment without physically inspecting it, on the condition that a 3D virtual tour could be utilized to do so.
Types of Virtual Tours
By enabling potential tenants to view your rental properties from any location without physically being there, virtual excursions offer an immersive experience. This enables them to comprehend the area and ascertain whether it fulfills their requirements prior to their visit to the property. Three primary virtual tour formats are available: virtual reality tours 3D virtual tour, and 360-degree virtual tours.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By combining multiple photos into one panoramic image, 360-degree virtual tours can be produced. Potential tenants can click and drag to explore the entire room in an image provided by these tours. The 360-degree virtual tours are a great choice for rental property owners who are new to using virtual tours because they are inexpensive and simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: Compared to a 360-degree virtual tour, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour offers a more immersive experience by letting prospective tenants explore the property as if they were in person. Utilizing specialized software, these excursions are assembled from a collection of numerous photographs taken of a rental property. Three-dimensional virtual excursions are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties as a consequence of the substantial time and effort invested in generating top-notch results.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The most cutting-edge and captivating method of touring properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Potential tenants have the ability to virtually traverse the premises as if they were physically present by donning a VR headgear, which grants them access to every nook and cranny. While virtual reality tours were originally uncommon, they are increasingly more frequent as VR technology becomes more widely available.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
After discussing the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages for marketing your rental property with them.
• Convenience. The fact that virtual tours are extremely convenient is their greatest advantage. Prospective lessees are able to tour your rental properties from the comfort of their own residences or workplaces. This is particularly advantageous for renters residing out of state or internationally who need assistance organizing a time to visit the property in person.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. As a result, prospective occupants are able to schedule tours of your rental properties without having to accommodate your schedule.
• Increased Online Engagement. Increased engagement has also been demonstrated by virtual tours. SEO, or the digital visibility of a rental property, can be enhanced through the use of virtual tours. Supplementing your property listing with a virtual tour is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Having learned the advantages of virtual tours, here are some pointers to help you get the most out of them:
• Quality Matters. Quality is everything when it comes to virtual tours; use high-quality images and videos and avoid using blurry or low-resolution photographs. Make sure your virtual tour content is of high quality so that prospective tenants can clearly see your rental properties.
• Include a Call to Action. Conduct a call to action (CTA) in the concluding section of the virtual tour. A call to action (CTA) is a phrase or button that implores prospective tenants to proceed with the next action, such arranging a showing or getting in touch with you for additional details. Potential tenants can advance closer to becoming actual tenants by taking action, which is made possible by the inclusion of a CTA.
It is a fantastic notion to provide prospective tenants with a sense of your rental properties without requiring them to pay a physical visit; virtual tours enable this. This is the ideal time to start using virtual tours in your rental property marketing if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.